1. Using this Website
These terms and conditions (Terms) govern your use of taxfilenumber.org (“Website”) supplied by Unitax Accounting Pty from its headquarters located at: Suite 402, 114-120 Castlereagh St. Sydney NSW 2000, Australia, ACN 617793281, ABN 86617793281 (“Taxfilenumber”, “we”, “us”)
By using Taxfilenumber.org, you accept and agree to be bound by the Terms, which forms a binding contractual agreement between you and us. We provide serve by lodging an application to register tax file number on your behalf, based on information provided by you or your representative, and/or registering a business name, and/or renewing a company name (“Services”). The Service ordered by you or your representative, directly or indirectly, whether or not provided through or using the medium of this Website, is subject to these terms and conditions. Do not use this Website or order Services from us if you do not agree with these Terms.
If you are a professional adviser, you warrant that you are duly authorised by your client to use this Website and order our Services. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from failure to obtain proper authorisation.
We may change these Terms from time from time by updating this page of the Website, by continuously using the Website, you agree to be bound by the updated Terms .
2. No Tax, Legal or Financial Advice
We do not and will not provide professional tax, legal or financial advice of any kind. All information provided by the Website is generic public information we took from relevant authorities, including information that is:
- provided on the Website;
- being whole or part of our Services; or
- provided by our staff via the Website, email, telephone, or by any other manners of correspondence and communication.
During the process of providing our Service, we may lodge application to relevant authority on behalf of you. Your application is solely based on information provided by you or your representative.
It is your responsibility to ensure that information provided by you is accurate, complete and update to date at the time of the lodgement. We do not accept any liability arising from or in relation to inaccurate, incomplete or outdate information provided by you.
Before using this Website, we strongly suggest you obtain legal, financial, investment or other professional advice; or directly contact government agencies, such as Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC), Australian Taxation Office (ATO), etc. (the ‘Authorities’)
By not seeking such advice, you accept the risk that the information on the Website, contained in the Services or provided by our staff may not meet the specific needs of your business. Without seeking professional advice, you may also at your own risk that you may mis-interpret some information on this Website.
3. Your Obligation and Acknowledgment
We provide and ONLY provide the Service for a fee of $99, By clicking the “Submit Payment” button, you complete the ordering of the Service and is liable to pay our fee.
- No checking service
You agree that we lodge your application solely based on information you provide. Prior to lodging the application, we do not check information provided by you for error. It is your sole obligation to ensure that any information you give to Taxfilenumber.org is complete, accurate, honest and up-to-date.
- Change of your information
ATO, ASIC and other Authorities may contact you or send notifications to you time from time in accordance with the contact details provided on your application form. You are obliged by law to notify any change of your information and contact details to the Authorities. Please be aware that supplying the ATO or ASIC with false or misleading information is a federal offence and may be liable for penalties. If your information is changed after you submit your application, you can update your information by sending email to us: firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will update the change to the Authorities on behalf of you.
- Further requisition
We reserve the rights to contact you to verify your identity at any time. You are obliged to answer further questions in relation to your personal details and the nature of your business to assistant us with your TFN registration application. We may do so by contacting you by emails, phone calls or other communication means.
- Release of Liability
You agree that we are not responsible for the content of any information provided by you, any responses to any requisitions or any error or mistake that you make, or any misunderstanding or lack of understanding of the information or our questions, or how to answer them. You agree to release us from all liability for any direct or consequential loss or damage arising out of or in connection with information you provided that is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
4. Your rights
You agree not to:
- Use any of the Website Content for any purpose purposes other than registering a tax file number of your own or as a representative for another individual or entity.
- Translate, reverse engineer, adjust or alter any part of the Website;
- License, print or offer the Content to use on another internet site;
- Modify or edit the Content in any shape, way of form;
- Links to this Website from another web site without our written consent;
- Amend or eliminate some of the trademarks, copyrights or proprietary fields of the Website;
- Utilize any manual process or automatic device, for example spiders and robots, to reproduce or monitor the Content without our written consent;
- Endeavor to influence the working order of the Website in any way, including with the use of any apparatus or software.
5. Intellectual property
We and our licensors own the intellectual property rights of all Content and information, and also the arrangement of all Content.
It is forbidden to duplicate, publicly transmit, change, delete or replicate the information without our express permission, except regarding storage or printing for personal or different special use permitted under copyright law.
You must not use trade marks, logos and product titles of the Website and its Content without express written consent from either us or the relevant rights holder.
6. Our Services
You agree that our Service is strictly limited to lodging an application to register tax file number on your behalf, and/or registering a business name, and/or renewing a company name, based on information provided by you or your representative.
You agree that we do not provide tax, legal or financial advice.
In order for us to carry out the Service, you authorize us (through our corresponding division) or our nominated representative as: your agent, acting on your behalf ONLY in the process of providing the Services.
We do not help you of their suitability or appropriateness of these Services for your unique needs. You must be sure the services that you get via the Website are all acceptable for your unique requirements. If you’re looking for further information or guidance, you should contact your accountant or lawyer, the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), or even the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC).
Although our team consist of professional Tax Agents and accountants, we do not provide, or promise to offer, legal or financial information. Our scope of services does not include bookkeeping or legal counseling.
Your utilization of our online TFN and Business Title enrollment applications is regarded as an agreement that any information you supply is complete, accurate and up-to-date. Supplying the ATO or even ASIC without any deceptive or false information is an offence. It is the obligation to inform us of any changes to your own information, that you can do with contacting us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to ask that you verify your identity in accordance with those Terms by giving us with a kind of identification at any moment.
At the event that you provide us with incorrect information, neither we (nor some of our licensed representatives) will be responsible for any charges, damages or loss that arise in connection with that information.
The goal of this site is to provide you with concise and clear info. We are not liable in the event that you misinterpret such info. If you require clarification about some one of our advice, please get in touch with us.
We aim to start work on your own TFN registration application after we receive them from you. You authorize us (through our corresponding division) or our nominated representative to behave as:
– Your registered tax agent, acting in your own behalf on your TFN application; and
– Your own ASIC registered representative, if relevant, functioning on your behalf, on your Tax File Number application.
7. TFN registration process
We will use mobile and electronic communication methods while communicating with the ATO on your own behalf as part of our enrolled tax agent solutions.
Sometimes, it may be impossible for people to set up to the ATO to process your own TFN registration application instantly through our electronic system. In these scenarios, we will examine your application and also will manually apply to a TFN on your behalf. In a few cases, and pertaining to the specifics of an individual client’s application, the ATO stipulates a waiting period of up to 28 days after the application form will be filed before we can contact them to resolve any issues.
When the ATO rejects your application, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
– The supplied information is inconsistent with information already held by ATO
– You currently have, have previously applied for, or have previously been rejected when applying for a TFN; or
– There are issues with the ATO processing system, including, but not restricted to, maintenance difficulties or system downtime.
In case that the ATO rejects your application, we’ll contact you and explain different options available to you. If you decide you do not want to proceed, your TFN application will be cancelled.
We will notify you know after your TFN or your TFN documentation is is issued.
*Please note that ATO may post documents including your TFN to the postal address provided by you. If the address you provide is incorrect, you may not receive the documents. In that case, ATO may send your documents directly to us. We will endeavour to send you a scanned copy of your TFN.
*Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure your postal address is correct and up to date. We do not take responsibilities to forward/respond to any correspondence sent by ATO to us in relation to you.
8. Business Name registration process – No guarantee of your results
Any Business Name availability checks conducted using the Website’s Registration Form are dependent on the ASIC business name register (ASIC Register). We will not be held responsible if the ASIC Register system experiences technical problems, including maintenance or downtime, or for omissions or errors in the ASIC Register.
If the Business Name application form availability check reveals your Business Name is not available, your application for that Business Name will be terminated. If for any reason the ASIC Register is unavailable, and you still want to proceed, we can manually submit your Business Name application.
In the event of a manual application, we are unable to check the availability of your chosen Business Name using the ASIC Register. If your Business Name is not available, you can decide whether to:
- Select an alternative business name; or
- Receive a full application fee refund from us, minus the Administration Charge.
- If we notify you that your Business Name is not available, and you do not request a different business name within 10 days of this notification, we will issue the refund as detailed above.
- Submitting a Business Name application via the Website does not guarantee successful registration of the Business Name. We are unable to provide any guarantees regarding the registration of your Business Name.
- If ASIC needs to manually review your Business Name, the registration of your Business Name may be delayed, or may not be successful.
- The ASIC Register Business Name availability check is conducted on the date we receive your Business Name application.
- We endeavor to file your Business Name application with ASIC as soon as possible after we receive your application. We will notify you if your desired Business Name is not available when we submit your Business Name application, in order that you can choose an alternative Business Name. We will not be held liable for any costs, damage or direct or indirect losses incurred by you due as a result of your Business Name’s unavailability for registration.
- You recognize that registering a Business Name does not stop third parties registering a similar trade mark, business or company name, or using a similar name as an unregistered trade mark.
- If, for any reason, ASIC rejects or queries your Business Name application, we will liaise with ASIC on your behalf in an attempt to resolve problems that have arisen with your application. We will notify you of the reasons your application failed, and will discuss possible solutions with you wherever possible.
- If ASIC must manually review your application, we may require further evidence from you that supports your right to use certain terms. We will notify you of our requirements, and request you provide all requested information within a specified time period. If you fail to comply, we may discontinue your Business Name application.
- If you wish to seek a review of an ASIC decision, you must lodge an objection within 28 days of the date of the ASIC notice.
- We will act on your behalf and seek to overcome any objections, but cannot make any guarantees of success. In the event that your objection is unsuccessful, your Business Name application will be canceled, and your application fee refunded in full.
- You must obtain an ABN before registering a Business Name. If you fail to obtain an ABN, we may not be able to successfully complete your Business Name registration.
9. Fees and disbursements
Unless it has been otherwise noted in the Terms listed, any fees and charges payable to us are to be paid by users on submission of the TFN application, renewal form, ABN and/or a Business Name registration application form. A user’s registration application form or their renewal form will not be successfully submitted until the user has paid all the necessary fees and charges.
All payable fees and charges are to be in Australian dollars, unless it has been specified otherwise.
Our service fees include goods and services tax (GST).
Fees payable to the ATO and ASIC during the provision of our services are exempt from GST as government charges are not subjected to GST.
- All sales of our Website are final and strict no-refund policy will be enforced. Our Services are automatic and operated in real-time in coordination with the relevant government agency. As a result, Services usually commence immediately after you submit your application and pay the associated and cannot be withdrawn.
We will not offer refunds of fees paid in relation to our Services, to the extent permitted by law, except in the following circumstances:
- Immediately after you submit your TFN registration application on our Website, you advise us that you decide to withdraw your TFN application. If your application process has not been processed by our staff or our system, we may offer you a discretional refund after reasonable deduction of a reasonable administration cost.
- You submitted an TFN application which has been put on hold and you decide to withdraw the application. In this case, we may, on our discretion, offer you a 50% refund if no further costs of service are generated.
- If we receive any refund of your paid disbursement from government agencies or authorities, we will inform you and process the refund to your designated account as soon as practical.
- We may apply the above refund to off-set the amount you owe to us in connection with this agreement.
Disputes and chargebacks filed with your bank or/and with your credit card company will be considered as a breach of the Terms and Conditions. As such, we will no longer be representing you as your TAX agent and will immediately proceed to revoke and terminate any ABN, Business Name, TFN or GST registration filed by us on your behalf should this scenario occur.
10. Accuracy of information
This Website and its Content are provided for display purpose only. While we endeavour to ensure each of Website information is complete, accurate, and current, we do not make any warranties in regard to the reliability, completeness, currency, or accuracy of this Content.
11. Website Availability
We do our best to make sure the Website, including its own Content, performance, functionality and features, is always available, however we don’t assert nor guarantee that access will soon be without any errors or uninterrupted. Nor do we represent that the site or its related host is virus- free or bug-free, or free of other interference or harmful software. It is your duty to perform decent virus tests and to make sure adequate procedures are in place to fulfill your own requirements.
In case of system failure, maintenance, repairs or any other reasons beyond our control affecting the site, we may suspend your Website access without any prior notice.
13. Limitation of liability
This Website serves as a conduit ONLY to organise information provided by you and then send the information to the relevant authorities to make the relevant application. As such, you agree that we are not liable for any damage of loss arising out from or in connection with the information you provide. You also agree that we are not liable for any mistake, error or negligence on your part or relevant third party agencies’ part.
To the greatest extent legally permissible, we exclude any liability which appears as a consequence of your usage of the Website, Content or Services. Where it is not possible to exclude liability, any liability we incur will be, to the degree permitted by law, limited as provided and as per options available to us under section 64A of the Australian Consumer Law in Schedule 2 to the Contest and Consumer Act 2010 (ACL).
You agree that we are not liable for any damage and loss resulting from any computer virus or spyware not intentionally transmitted from our Website to your device or any third party computer.
You also agree that we are not liable for any damage and loss resulting from interruption of usage of this Website, Content or Services.
14. Alternative Party Sites
The Website may include links be on other Websites that are neither maintained nor commanded by us (Third Party Sites).
Such links to Third Party Sites are given only for the convenience and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, so we will not be held accountable for their content.
Thirdparty Site links don’t imply that:
- The Third Party Site is affiliated with us whatsoever;
- The Third Party Site has legal authority to make use of our logos, copyright, trademarks or trade names; or
- We make no warranties, representations or undertakings pertaining to information available through or on any Third Party Website.
We reserve the right to terminate this agreement in the event that you breach any of the Terms.
This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts exercising jurisdiction there in respect of any proceedings in connection with this agreement .
Any provision of this agreement which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is ineffective as to that jurisdiction to the extent of the prohibition or unenforceability. That does not invalidate the remaining provisions of this agreement nor affect the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction. This agreement embodies the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter of this agreement and supersedes any prior negotiation, arrangement, understanding or agreement with respect to the subject matter or any term of this agreement.